"How would you describe yourself?" This is one of the most common questions to expect in an interview. You might have all the right words in place to make that perfect impression, but knowing oneself better is of more importance than just cracking an interview.
In case of personal choices and decisions, it really helps if one knows themselves. We believe that there is no one else than the person themselves who knows them better. We may put on a mask and pretend to be someone else, but when it comes to ourselves, we are stripped of all vanity and veils.
Sometimes we face certain situations that give us a clearer perspective of certain aspects of our character. But can we wait for such situations to know ourselves better? The result of one's endeavors are these quiz questions will help you to know aspects of your personality that are still lying as an elusive sensation somewhere in your subconscious mind.
How to Know Yourself Better
Well, we did say that there is no one else than you who knows yourself better. Some attributes we are latently aware of, while the others we come to realize through various experiences. Yes, there are some aspects about ourselves that others, i.e., our friends and family, tell us.
There are also a number of self help quizzes, questionnaires, and psychometric or personality tests on the Internet or in books that you can take to know more about yourself.
- Would I bend the rules to achieve my goal?
- Do I get very depressed if I don't succeed in my endeavors?
- Do my palms sweat when I have to approach a stranger?
- Am I an extrovert or an introvert?
- Would I happily agree to spend the Christmas vacations with my parents so that my brother/sister could go out on a holiday?
- How do I want to be remembered by people?
- How often do I have the courage to own my mistakes? To admit one's mistake every time is being perfect. But is anyone really flawless? I don't want to sound unrealistic, but what should concern you is if you bluntly refuse your role in a blunder every time.
- Do I apologize when I realize that I have hurt someone or that I have crossed my limit? It takes great humility and courage to apologize for one's mistake. However, if we do that, it reflects maturity and eagerness to learn from one's mistakes.
- Am I ready for a commitment as serious as marriage?
- Do I want to have children?
- How do I plan to split financial responsibilities with my spouse?
- What is more important to me, beauty or brains?
- How would I react if my partner were to have an extramarital affair?
- To what level will I be ready to accommodate/compromise on my career due to my spouse or children?
- What kind of music do I enjoy listening to?
- Would I like to have pets or are animals better off at the zoo?
- What is my idea of a perfect holiday?
The aim of these quizzes is to help one understand his/her values and priorities better. Our happiness lies in the choices that we make and how sound our decisions are depends upon how well we know ourselves. After all, we are all entitled to a little more of happiness, aren't we?