Here, the participant is thinking about advertising himself as a friend, so it is natural for him to think positively. If he gets stuck in between, the audience can participate in this activity in order to encourage him. This interaction acts as a boost.
As he proceeds, the members of the row pat him on the back, hug or say kind words to him. The participant is advised to walk slowly so as to pay attention to every gesture. This activity - the gauntlet, reminds us of a cricket game where sportsmen passing through the spectators are cheered and patted on their backs.
Say positive things to yourself. If you do something repeatedly, you start believing in it. Positive thinking makes you believe in your own potential. This activity is not about instilling false beliefs, but is rather about reminding yourself about the qualities you possess.
- Write down the goals you want to achieve in life. It is a human tendency to give more importance to written words. These very words will drive you towards your goals.
- Accept yourself the way you are. Even if you want to overcome your shortcomings, the first step is to accept yourself.
- Be kind to the ones around you. Always treat others the way you would want to be treated by them.
- If you are in good company, positive energies will surround you.
- No matter how busy you are, try to be in the vicinity of nature since it possess a great invisible healing power.
- Change yourself according to the situation. Adaptability is a positive attribute.
It is in our hands to grow and develop in life. There are people to guide you; but in the end, the onus of helping yourself lies on you. Be honest to yourself, and start developing your self-esteem.